As a major source of beneficial nutritional elements, olive oil has been closely associated with healthy nutrition. Scientific research has shown that the consumption of olive oil contributes to longevity and, further, that it boosts the immune system, protecting the body from illness related to poor eating habits.
Its valuable elements, therefore, do not only suffuse our food with flavour, but also have a direct impact on our wellbeing. Olive oil is a major source of fatty acids and includes natural antioxidants that grant it excellent nutritional value.
The frequent intake of olive oil:
- Lowers “bad” cholesterol and increases the good
- Abates the possibility of heart condition and stroke Aids good intestinal condition
- Contributes to the reduction of stomach acid and aids digestion
- Assists in the body’s absorption of calcium Helps prevent some types of cancer
- Combined with fish, it greatly reduces the possibility of rheumatoid arthritis
- Lowers the rate of skin aging due to its vitamin E content.
Olive oil is central to a healthy lifestyle and diet. It has been used since antiquity as a medicine and also as a cosmetic.